invitation to schools
The Community School of Music and Arts (CSMA) has been providing quality arts education on the mid-peninsula since 1968. As a non-profit organization, we now deliver professional in-school and after-school arts programming to 7,000+ children at over 30 schools in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties in addition to many programs at our Mountain View arts education center.
We believe that every child should receive the benefits that music and art education provide. While in the past this important instruction may have been delivered by school staff or specialists, unfortunately, this simply may not be possible today.
CSMA can provide a curriculum-based, cost-effective alternative for schools unable to have music and art teachers on staff. This is not a new idea. In fact, since 1981, we have taught all of the music and art classes in Mountain View’s public elementary schools.
CSMA’s award-winning in-school music and art classes:
- Offer a variety of programs that are tailored individually with each district or school to meet schedule and budget.
- Follow a CA standards-based curriculum that sequentially builds skills and integrates with other classroom education.
- Include professional instruction, administration and supplies. Cost depends on program choice, but for under $4 per child per week (less than the price of a lunch!) every child in a class of 25 can receive quality arts instruction that also benefits academic and social development.
- May be funded in a variety of ways. CSMA has partnered successfully with many districts, schools, parent organizations and education foundations to help secure funding for arts classes.
- Can extend learning beyond the school day. We also teach chorus, group music lessons and after-school art clubs, and provide student performance and exhibit opportunities.
Our student successes have made principals and parents CSMA’s most ardent supporters. Please contact our program staff to discuss how CSMA can bring quality art and music education to your students.
Working together, we can continue to make the vision of quality art and music education a reality for our students: Every week, every school, every child!